Wednesday 18 March 2009

It is very bright and sunny today so I have been out walking with Trevor. Everywhere smells of fresh air. My paws smell of fresh air and I think my ears probably do too but my nose won't stretch that far.

I had just been looking at all the blossoms and the flowers and the new leaves when I heard a funny sound behind me. It sounded like someone was knocking on a tree. I looked up through the branches with peeped-up eyes but I couldn't see anything. Then I heard the sound again. It sounded like drumming.

"Maybe someone is living inside the tree!" I said to Trevor.

And then I thought what it would be like to live inside a tree. It would be all warm and smell of wood when the sun was shining. And it would be all small and snuggly inside the trunk. But when it is cold and damp it would smell musty and moldy. And I bet there are lots of spiders which would creep up your bottom when you are asleep.

"I think we should try to rescue the person who is stuck inside the tree," I told Trevor anxiously. "He probably has a spider up his bottom."

Trevor just laughed.

"No-one is stuck inside the tree," he said. "Look!"
He pointed with his trunk and way, way up at the top of the tree there was a bird. He was tap-tap-tapping the tree.

"It's a woodepecker!" Trevor told me.

I thought that was a very sensible name for a bird like that. In fact I shouldn't be called 'a puppy', I should be called 'a baconsandwichnibbler'.

No comments:

Post a Comment