Thursday 20 November 2008

Funny words

Do you remember before Trevor went all shouty and cross he was actually quite nice? Well he is nice MOST of the time really. And he uses the word 'snoepje' a lot. It's a funny word isn't it? It means 'sweetie' in Dutch and it sounds like 'Snoop-yuh' when you say it. Dutch is one of the languages Trevor speaks because he's from Holland. He speaks English most of the time though.

I think Dutch is a very happy language, it sounds like people are smiling when they speak it.

2 comments:

  1. I like the notion of people sounding like they are smiling when they speak Dutch. reminds me of a Geography teaCHER AT Brooksbank who thought Welsh town names sounded like you were being sick when you said them!
    I can't get this thing to say who I am - but it is Peril x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Peril. Is that really your name? Schnoss says that means you are a danger and a hazard. I had better stay out of your way!

    I will not tell Honey what your Geography teacher said because she would get very angry and upset. She is Welsh you see. Her full name is Honey Bunnington of Pontypridd.

    Thank you for writing. I like people writing to me. It makes me feel special.

    Little Doogs

    ReplyDelete